Sunday, August 26, 2012

Burp Cloths and Bibs on the Longarm II

Finished Bibs & Burp Cloths!

It was a really nice day here in Littlefield, TX today...not too warm, and just a tad muggy.

Decided to finish up the Bibs and Burp Cloths (Click here for my previous post for how I did these on my Longarm machine). 

Binding not real good...that's what I get for trying to use a new fangled binding foot.  Flimsy plastic foot.  Works great on plain fabric, but not on quilted bibs! 
Here are more pics:


The last set (above) are kind of mismatched...but still cute.  The bib has a pocket (red/white dots)...this is done just with adding a folded piece of fabric before the last stitching on the longarm machine.  All binding is done after taking off the longarm & cutting out the bibs/burp cloths.

I haven't uploaded these to my website yet, so until then, if you would like the quilt/embroidery applique files, please email me at margecam52@yahoo.com  and let me know what format to send.  Also, these are not small items, the bib (finished) measures 13 x 9-1/2", and the burp cloth is 19 x 11"...so you need a really large hoop for embroidery. 

I did mine on my TL18LS, using my Qbot.  The designs are just the outline stitches...a red & a blue for the bib, and the same for the burp cloth file.  I loaded the backing flannel, put on the thin batting (optional), stitched the first color, which gives the placement for the top fabric (and the pocket if you want one), then you run the 2nd color (I used the same color thread...color is just to make the machine  pause while you set the fabric). 
Next, I'll figure out how to do these on the longarm & leave room to "Birth" them once they are off the longarm. 

Until next blog...off to watch a quilt show (The Quilt Show w/ Alex Anderson & Ricky Tims).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Quilts by Marge!